Print Topic - Archive

Upstate NY Seadogs' Forum  /  New Water Trips and Trip Reports  /  LAKE GEORGE - Jan 1
Posted by: bajabill2, November 25, 2017, 9:39pm
Real Paddlers
In the past the now defunct Adirondack Pirate Paddlers had a New Years Day paddle on Lake George (see attached photos). Is anyone interested in reviving this lost tradition?
In the past we would paddle out of the Million Dollar beach and observe the Polar Bear Plunge at the Town Beach and if the day were mild we would paddle up the west shore and picnic on Diamond Island, if the weather was bad (really bad) we would play for awhile and then go to a local pub for food and refreshment.
Obviously if you are interested you will need some experience with cold weather kayaking and have appropriate gear.
If you are a real paddler email me at smollinb@hotmail.com if I get a sufficient response we will do it.
Baja Bill

CANCELED - NO SEADOGS RESPONDED

NOTE - I received and email from Paul Martin, He informs me that the Adirondack Pirate Paddlers is alive and well and can be found on Facebook.
Posted by: Mad Dog Mike, December 30, 2017, 7:44pm; Reply: 1
Real paddlers will need Icebreaker for a Lake George paddle- The lake has been frozen over for the past couple of days. Happy New Year to everyone
Print page generated: December 13, 2018, 2:41am