Jim September 24, 2018, 6:16am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Upstate NY Seadogs' Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Jim
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Jim  This thread currently has 681 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Benito Bonito
March 27, 2017, 2:04pm Report to Moderator

Big Member
The service yesterday was brief and covered the points, respectfully taciturn, but so unlike the man! A reflection at this time on his passion for paddling, photography, and conversation on the water is offered in memory of our friend and the element we shared.

I'm not about to whip up a whirlpool of words, instead offering a couple of photos and letting them speak for themselves, taken last September at Raquette Lake, my last paddle with Jim. We had a splendid day of photography, see the trip report for examples, then look at other trip reports for many more of Jim's outstanding photos.

I realized my introduction dates back to the pirate days when Julie posted a paddle at Six Mile Waterworks. Jim & Bill joined her, and I went along too, paddling a whitewater boat.
http://julie-elson.net/cgi-bin/kayak.cgi?section=six-miled

The highlight was Jim & Julie swapping boats, Jim then slipping easily into the low volume Qaarsut, a scary boat in the wind, but all was calm that day. Many photography adventures followed, his relentless determination to keep improving a driving force and inspiration, cut off with such abruptness that the sense of loss has not yet fully taken hold, but it will come. The sorrow's reach is deep past reckoning.

Attachment: jim1_9149.jpg
Size: 395.43 KB

Attachment: jim2_9454.jpg
Size: 342.33 KB

Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message
sirwilwiggins
March 30, 2017, 6:40pm Report to Moderator
Baby Member
I propose we have a Jim Gold Memorial Paddle this summer.  Tell some lies and hoist a toast to his spirit.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 1 - 2
mfische1
April 8, 2017, 2:26pm Report to Moderator
Administrator Group
A memorial paddle sounds good- Jim's passing was a shock to many. His memory lingers.
Logged Offline
E-mail Private Message Reply: 2 - 2
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread